Equip is designed to teach you how to do these three things:
1) grow in jesus.
Our world needs men and women who will come before the throne of grace boldly as learners. As humble disciples who long to grow in their love and trust of Jesus.
2) lead in service.
Service happens when we learn to value the interests of others before our own. When we lead in service, we demolish the strongholds in us that keep us prideful and selfish.
3) see the harvest.
Jesus sent His disciples out into every city and place He was about to go so that they might see the harvest. In ministry, Jesus is always longing for us to see what He sees in people, in places, and in situations.
SHOULD I APPLY?
We are currently looking for college students and recent college graduates who are interested in part/full-time ministry experience to apply for Equip.
What does an intern actually do?
We want our interns to find meaningful ways to use and develop their strengths within the context of campus ministry. Our desire is to equip leaders for a life of following Jesus, making disciples, and church-planting. Our internship is designed to provide experiences where character is developed alongside ministry skillsets.
Every intern will:
- choose a campus ministry focus
- be assigned tasks that will facilitate the spiritual development of students.
- help to shape the culture of our campus ministries through prayer, discipleship, and campus involvement.
- lead by envisioning and serving student leaders.
- reach new students through campus events and evangelism.
HOW LONG IS THE INTERNSHIP?
You can choose between four tracks:
- Summer (May 1st - July 31st)
- Fall (August 10th - December 10th)
- Spring (January 10th - April 30th)
- Full School Year (August 10th - April 30th)
What ARE THE main REQUIREMENTS?
1) This internship is a full-time position. Interns are required to be able to work between 30-40 hours a week. This includes but is not limited to weekly leadership meetings, trainings, campus ministry events, and Lifegroup. This internship will challenge you spiritually, emotionally, and physically, but will also help you develop healthy rhythms of margin and rest in your life.
2) Interns are required to raise support for their salary. This amount will be determined on a case by case basis depending on your current living expenses and other financial needs. After your acceptance, we will provide training and coaching on how to raise support.
3) After filling out an application, interns will be required to submit two character references (references must be non-family members). This will help us ensure that this is a good season for you to be an Equip intern.
Where is the internship?
Equip interns will serve on college campuses in Dallas, TX as members of the staff at Antioch Community Church. If you are not currently residing in the Dallas area, you must be willing to relocate for the duration of your internship. If needed, we are more than willing to help you find new living arrangements in Dallas.
If you have any more questions, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org